Does the idea of going to the dentist give you anxiety and even lead to you never going? If this sounds like something you have been doing and feeling, we at Santa Fe Dental have the solution for you. Dentistry has come a long way in the past few decades, and one of the latest advancements is laser dentistry in Edmond, Oklahoma. Laser dentistry is a modern dental technique that uses lasers instead of traditional tools to treat various dental conditions and procedures. It is a painless, non-invasive, and highly effective technique that is revolutionizing how we approach dental care.
What is Laser Dentistry?
At Santa Fe Dental, we understand that the dentist can be scary, especially for those who have had bad experiences with previous dentists. Our dentists, Dr. Michael Hansen, Dr. David Allen, and Dr. Ryan Flake, are highly trained and focused on ensuring the best care and complete comfort for each of our patients.
Laser dentistry is a technique that uses a specialized dental laser to perform various dental procedures. The laser emits a highly concentrated beam of light energy that can treat specific areas of the mouth. These lasers are incredibly precise, so they can target the treatment area without affecting surrounding tissues. They offer several advantages over traditional methods because they minimize bleeding, pain, and swelling, leading to faster healing times. This technique is also beneficial for patients who may suffer from dental fear or anxiety because it is considerably less invasive and less traumatic.
How Does Laser Dentistry Work?
Two types of lasers are used in dentistry: hard and soft tissue lasers. Hard tissue lasers treat the teeth, while soft tissue lasers are suitable for treating gum tissues. The laser generates a beam of light directed towards the treatment area. The dentist can then manipulate the laser to remove decay, clean teeth, or reshape gums. The laser also sterilizes the area, reducing the chances of infection.
Laser dentistry is a safe and effective alternative to traditional dental treatment for anyone. However, we highly recommend it for patients anxious about dental procedures or those with disabilities that prevent them from sitting still for extended periods. Patients undergoing anticoagulant medication treatment, which increases bleeding, will benefit from laser dentistry. Additionally, patients who require periodontal therapy or cavity filling can benefit from laser treatment, which causes less pain than traditional techniques.
Who Should Get Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry can be used to perform a variety of dental procedures, including:
- Gum reshaping: The laser can remove excess gum tissue, making cleaning the teeth more accessible and creating a better smile.
- Root canal treatment: The laser can clean and disinfect the inside of the tooth, helping to remove bacteria that cause infection.
- Tooth whitening: Laser-assisted teeth whitening can improve the color of teeth in less time than traditional treatments.
- Dental fillings: The laser can remove decay, clean the cavity, and prepare the tooth for a filling.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Comfort: Laser dentistry often results in less pain during procedures, reducing the need for anesthesia.
- Precision: Lasers can target a specific area without affecting nearby tissues, allowing for precise treatments.
- Faster Healing: Lasers can lead to less swelling and bleeding, promoting quicker recovery.
- Reduced Risk of Infections: The high-energy beam used in laser dentistry sterilizes the area of operation, decreasing the possibility of infection.
- Versatility: Laser dentistry can be employed in various dental procedures, from cavity preparation to gum disease treatment, enhancing treatment versatility.
Laser Dentistry in Edmond, OK
Laser dentistry is an innovative and highly effective dental technique. It provides numerous benefits over traditional dental treatments, including reduced pain, faster healing times, and enhanced precision. It is an excellent option for patients who wish to undergo dental procedures without experiencing any discomfort or anxiety.
If it has been a while since your last appointment, please schedule a consultation with our team today!